Met-Chem has been providing training services in mine and in plant operations and maintenance worldwide to fulfil precise client needs. Met-Chem develops tailored training sessions for operational and managerial staff to improve skills and to accomplish effectiveness. Sessions are conducted as required, in classroom-base and/or on-site. Met-Chem can arrange training one-on-one basis or in group sessions.
Among other recent mandates, Met-Chem has conducted customized training sessions across North America, India, Tanzania, and Mauritania such as:
- USS Mintac, USA: A series of training sessions of MineSight 3-D software for mine planning and modelling, truck dispatch with GPS systems;
- Coal India, India: Customized classroom and on-site training to over 2000 local staff on mine operation and maintenance. Conducted training to 200 management staff at international operations and equipment suppliers facilities;
- Kahama Mining, Tanzania: Operational training to diagnose the flotation process and adjust parameters to achieve optimum grade and recovery, to work safely and efficiently;
- Magnola Metallurgy, Canada: On-site training courses for the leaching and granulation operating personnel;
- SNIM, Mauritania: Customized classroom and on-site hands-on training to management personnel on mine practices covering topics such as drilling, loading, haulage, excavation, and electrical feed to the mine. A tailored training manual was issued to each participant;
- Magnola Metallurgy, Canada: Implementation of follow-up systems for the modifications, and co-ordination of the manual updates for the Preparation and Utility areas of the plant;
- Divrigi, Turkey: On-the-job operational training for trouble-shooting, repair and maintenance, and overhaul of equipment;
- Cobre de Pasteje, Mexico: For a period of three months, Met-Chem provided the services of experts to provide commissioning and start-up services. A database for preventive maintenance was also developed.